This weekend has been good for the soul. Nothing makes for a great weekend quite like sleeping in, time with the hubs, and (almost) nothing on the agenda.
So what do I do when I have no real plans? I cook, of course.
On the menu tonight: Lightened up chicken, bacon and ranch pizza.
Yup. That’s right. You heard me.
How is it possible that such a thing could ever be lightened up and still taste good? Well I’ll tell you right now, it is possible. Even the Mr. was devouring this pizza like it was going out of style. He actually said that this is one of the best pizzas he’s ever had. Not kidding. And we don’t play when it comes to pizza.
The secret to this goodness is the Greek yogurt ranch sauce. It is creamy, tangy, and oh-so delicious. Combine that with rotisserie chicken, crispy bacon, sweet red onion, juicy tomatoes, and melty cheese and you’ve got one amazing, flavor-packed pizza.
Serve with a side salad or devour as is. I won’t even judge you if you eat half the pizza by yourself. Bon appétit!
Lightened Up Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Pizza
For the sauce:
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
For the pizza:
1 thin whole wheat pizza crust
3/4 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup arugula, packed
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven according to directions on pizza crust package. For mine, it was 425°.
- In a small bowl, mix Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Spread sauce on pizza crust and top with chicken, onions, and tomatoes.
- Top the pizza with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake according to directions on pizza crust package. For mine, it was 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss arugula with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with bacon crumbles and arugula.
- Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!